Carole's back from her two weeks at the Cape and this week, she's asked us to list things we miss about home when we're away. Of course it's a timely topic for me as well - here are ten things I missed last week:
1. early mornings at my desk with my journal. this is always my favorite way to start the day.
2. this spot at the kitchen counter where I spend most of my waking hours when I'm home. (it's also the spot where I usually read blogs...and I've missed reading about what y'all are up to!)
3. all the clothes in my closet. it's not that I'm bad about packing, but I always seem to want something else. (last week it was another clean top for walks with Holly - I underestimated just how hot those walks would be).
4. all the toiletries in the shower and under my sink. I really could've used hairspray and a leave-in conditioner (but sadly had neither with me).
5. seeing my neighbors when I walk Holly. I feel really out of the loop about what's happening on my street.
6. the lake, the park and the greenway
7. and meeting up with friends to run/walk there.
8. Wednesday morning yin yoga class at the Y. I just don't have the discipline to do yin on my own.
Traveling is wonderful. But as much as I love visiting friends and family and seeing new (or sometimes familiar) places, I am a homebody at heart. Home sweet home for sure.
Thank you, Carole, for hosting another fun week - if you're already playing along, click here to join in.