Monday, September 26, 2016

Another Visit to the Garden.

My FitBit recorded nearly 32 hours of sleep for the last three days; and it really does feel like I slept through weekend! I knew I was tired, but whoa... so it's a good thing I have a story from Friday to share. Lydia and I met up for a visit to the Botanical Gardens and lunch. This was her first time to see the Chihuly exhibit and my second. I'm happy to report that the pieces I loved back in May are still just as stunning.


I found a few new favorites, too. The Children's Garden wasn't open when we went last time. This piece sits atop the trellis gate that leads into that section.

But even without that grand entrance, the Children's Garden looks like a lot of fun - I look forward to sharing it with Charlie next spring.

I love how this installation highlights the Garden's location - an oasis in the heart of the city. (and it wasn't until I cropped the photo that I noticed Lydia at the right :-).

Here's a view in the other direction.

And how about a few #blueskyblooms.


Hope your week is off to a blue sky start! Happy Monday!






11 comments:

  1. Thank-you for that Monday treat! And the blue...we had a beauty yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! Chichuly-in-the-garden is just absolute perfection to me! What a wonderful day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful combination of glass and flowers! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've managed to miss Chihuly exhibits in several cities (Boston, Richmond, Denver) over the years, but someday I'm going to actually see some in person. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos of some stunning glass; that last blue and clear piece is breathtaking against the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, weren't we also promised some news about that Dry Curaçao cocktail? I'm only asking because I'm not sure I can watch the debate tonight without some sort of alcohol in hand. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many feel that way (about the alcohol)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, these Chihuly sculptures never get old, do they?! So much fun to photograph. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love his glass, but I've only ever seen it at the Bellagio. But it's beeeuuuutiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got some fantastic photos with your phone-I haven't looked at mine from my camera yet, and I hope they are as good. We need to visit the gardens again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That might be the most beautiful garden exhibit I've seen. Thank you for sharing its wonder and beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very magical! I love things that intrigue and surprise. I think Charlie and you will have a great time ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!