Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Ten on Tuesday | Game Day Favorites.

from October 2009 (!! deep in the archives for sure!)
Professional football kicked off this weekend. Carole is a huge Patriots fan and she won't miss a game. She'll also enjoy some great food while she watches; this week, she's asked us to share our game day favorites.

Football food around here means "fun" and "easy" (but not necessarily "healthy"). Here are ten of my favorites:

1. Vegetables and dip. That's homemade spicy peanut dip in the photo above and it's outstanding. I haven't made it in a few years, but I need to. (and because I love y'all, I've included the recipe below.)

2. Cheese and crackers.

3. Mixed nuts.

4. Popcorn.

5. Roasted shrimp cocktail (the shrimp above is not that - it was marinated and while it was delicious, it was really messy).

6. Guacamole, cheese dip and tortilla chips.

7. Chicken chili.

8. Turkey wraps (Costco does these brilliantly).

9. Potato chips and blue cheese dip.

10. Something sweet. I can't decide between grapes, M&Ms and chocolate chip cookies ... maybe all three?!

Food lists are always fun - I can't wait to see what delicious ideas y'all share. Thank you, Carole, for hosting us! (If you're not already playing along, click here to join.)

Spicy Peanut Dip

4 cloves minced garlic
2 T finely minced cilantro
2/3 C soy sauce
2/3 C rice vinegar
3 T hot chili oil
6 T sugar
2 pinches red pepper flakes
1 C creamy peanut butter

Blend in a food processor. Make it the day before


7 comments:

  1. Today's posts are going to make me hungry! Your spread looks great and your ideas are terrific. Thanks for the dip recipe, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I want to come and watch football at your house!! And, that peanut dip looks ah-mazing! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I might be immune to these football food posts early in the morning, but it turns out I am not! Dips and salty things are quite good, and I love your inclusion of something sweet - definitely all three!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! Popcorn made my list, too! And I ended my list with something sweet, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMM, then again anytime there's a gathering for us the food is good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three, all three, all three! I'm going to make the peanut dip! It sounds fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheese and crackers...hands down #1. You have so many other good snacks there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!