Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Cheers | Roxborough.

...yep, I've remembered. finally. to share the cocktail that Thea posted when she debuted that squirrel pattern last week.


I did make it last Thursday night. I remember thinking it didn't taste much like scotch at all. but I did taste licorice. Fast forward to today and Wednesday knitting with my sister. She was surprised to see scotch...and absinthe. We enjoyed the cocktail, but agreed we'd like to try it with bourbon and no absinthe. (hummmm... not a strong recommendation!)

I think that means we both prefer a nice bottle of red wine :-) Nonetheless - cheers!

And in case you're still interested - here's the recipe:

1 oz. scotch
1/2 oz. dry curaƧao
1/2 oz. absinthe

combine with ice in a shaker and serve while it's frothy and cold. (I added one of the cubes from the shaker and it was a welcome addition to keep the drink really cold.)

8 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of scotch so I think I'll stick to Manhattans for my go-to cool weather drink. Love your cocktail napkins, I saw those in a store a couple of weeks ago and almost bought them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm so glad you gave it a try!
    (although sorry it wasn't one that you liked, but sometimes the making is just as fun) Thea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does sound and look ... interesting. My only experience with absinthe is when a guy I worked with in a lab tried to distill his own in the fume hood and started a fire that darn near burned down the place. Absinthe can be dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always THINK I'm going to like a cocktail. And I do. But when it comes right down to it, I usually prefer wine! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting, but I am not a Scotch drinker. Absinthe I kinda like...but it is STRONG! Red wine sounds like a good choice - or as Carole says, Manhattans. They always work - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'll stick to wine (or bourbon-neat)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cocktail may not have been your favorite, but Roxborough is going to be fabulous! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can never go wrong with a bottle of red wine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!