Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Tuesdays with Charlie | Camera Shy.

Ha! so remember last week when I wrote about having a "ready - and most often quite willing! - subject for Tuesdays"? I think I might've jinxed us. or maybe Charlie's just going through a new phase.

I picked him up at 7am. That's still dark early here, so we had to walk Holly together. Two miles on the greenway made me (and Holly - because squirrels!) happy. But Charlie didn't have a smile for the camera.

A few hours later we were at Avalon. all decorated for fall (and no, we did not buy any pumpkins today). "Wave to your mom?!" and nope.

Later still, he was helping me get dinner ready for Poppa. He loves being tall at the counter and I thought I might get it then.
um nope.

So imagine my surprise when I turned into his neighborhood this evening. "Turn right there," he says. I do. I drive up to the stop sign and ask which way. "That way."

yep that way. that smile. finally.

Happy Tuesday!

11 comments:

  1. I look forward to Tuesdays with Charlie, even when he is feeling a bit camera shy and reticent. (I'm with him 100% on not being ready to smile at 7:00 am!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very understanding and loving Gram. There's no place like home some days. Blessings to you and your sweet family. I love your blog (and knitting).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always happy when I get home at the end of the day, too. Charlie is adorable whether he's smiling or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweetheart . . . smile or no! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess he wanted to do it on his own terms-cause you know he IS a big boy! I remember PJ's first real sentence was "get in the car" when it was time to leave for day care. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! And, I learned last week how wiggly a toddler can be! And, how fast - lots of blurry pictures or looking where?? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got quite the boy. Charlie is getting a mind of his own. He's such a handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! What a lovely young man ... You're lucky he's only a little camera shy. My eldest grandson is at the pull-a-face and I'm-doing-bunny-ears stage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing sense of direction! And that smile was worth the wait! Thanks Charlie.
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder if being picked up instead of dropped off (by his mom) had something to do with it ... new routines and all! So cute either way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!