1. Marc played four days of golf. He also watched more college football games than I can count, plus a little golf and a little tennis. He even handled Saturday and Sunday's dinners ("football food" at its finest - potato chips and homemade blue cheese dip, deli sandwiches, cole slaw, potato salad...and beer!)
...and now for my part of the weekend :-)
|Monday morning with Becca|
2. Four days of golf means a lot of time for "me". I spent Friday afternoon with Katie (we knitted while Charlie napped), Saturday morning (via FaceTime) with Diane, Sunday afternoon with Lydia, Monday morning with Becca, and Monday lunch with Lauren. It was wonderful to have so much one-on-one time with each of them.
3. I enjoyed the cool(er) mornings - runs on Saturday and Sunday and a walk in the park with Katie on Monday.
|Sunday morning's run|
4. I was on the lookout for signs of fall...and I was surprised by how much color I saw!
|Monday morning at the park|
5. I finished up my summer reading (topic for another post) ... and started Laurie Colwin's wonderful Home Cooking (thank you Bonny for the recommendation!). Sharing a wonderful meal and talking about eating is the best. Lydia and I did that on Sunday and Lauren and I did it again on Monday :-)
|yep, unsurpassed double whammy for sure!|
6. We watched movies. Lydia and I saw The Light between Oceans in the theater on Sunday (it was really true to the book and highly recommend if you loved the story as much as we both did ... it's been a while since I read the book, but I think I might even like the movie better!) Marc and I watched Hello, My Name is Doris (Sally Field is marvelous) and Courage (meh, college football tearjerker, but still an ok story and I loved the late 1960's setting).
7. I knitted. still no FO's, but I'm close - next week for sure! I'm especially happy that I worked more than a repeat on the blue baby blanket and now "get" the pattern. The last six rows flew by when I didn't have to consult the written instructions. I wish Rowan used more charts!
.... and that's really it! I didn't mean to "ish" this list, but I couldn't figure out a way to turn it into a list of ten. And after a day with this guy, seven is really gonna be just fine!
|"Hi!" from the playground at Whole Foods (after ice cream)|