Wednesday, January 26, 2011

wip wednesday - cove cardigan.

...I had planned to use one of these photos to get back on track with wordless wednesday, but I'm just too excited about this project not to share a bit more about it!
first up, the yarn. it's madelinetosh pashmina in the cove colorway, a blend of blues, browns, grays and greens that reminds me of winter in the low country. I know it will look great with jeans...and black and maybe brown and gray, which means it will go with just about everything I own :-) the yarn is a lovely blend of merino, cashmere and silk that is a dream to knit, even on size 4 needles.

then, the pattern. heidi kirrmaier's fall away cardigan. I've knit another of heidi's patterns (peasy. twice) and it was both well-written and well-fitting. this is another top-down seamless design, but it's published by madelinetosh, not heidi. and according to ravelry, I'm an "early adopter" - less than a dozen of them knit so far. which means there are some kinks to work out in the pattern (nothing that major, but I did rip out the first twelve rows or so and re-do them once I figured out the yoke shaping). I've written to madelinetosh and hope there will be a revised version published before I convince any of my students to knit it!

and finally, how it's coming together. (quickly, too - it's just two days of knitting!)

a few more details on ravelry. here.

7 comments:

  1. I believe I have that pattern queued (or favorited) so I'll be interested to see how it turns out. As for the yarn, before I even read it was Madtosh Pashmina I could tell from the picture it was scrumptious. Maybe this will give me the opportunity to buy a few skeins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! Love, love, love that colorway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loov forward to seeing this done, always nice when a project comes together with relative easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks beautiful! I like the wrap-around part in the bottom photo (is that what it's going to look like?. and I'm glad "wip Wednesday" wasn't "rip Wednesday." :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! beautiful yarn. i wish i could knit that quickly!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the yarn is gorgeous and the sweater design very stylishly different. looking fwd to seeing you model the finished product. knit on.
    cheers~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!