...with Thanksgiving just two days away, it's no surprise today's topic is about being thankful. I certainly have plenty to be thankful for - family, health, home, friends, faith - and I am so very grateful for all of it. Here's a taste of a few specific things I said "thank you" for in the last 24 hours:
on the trail at Webb Bridge Park
2. Webb Bridge Park. I took the photo above on Saturday afternoon when Katie and I were there for a run/walk (yay!). It's close (ten minutes) and beautiful in all four seasons.
3. Friends to walk with. Lauren and Katie and Virginia...and Holly (always!).
4. The smell of "real" pumpkin spice in my kitchen. There's a pumpkin creme brulee cooking in the oven right now (seasoned with vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg) and pumpkin oatmeal cranberry muffins cooling on the counter.
5. Carla, my hairdresser for more than 25 years. (remember that scary numbers post a few weeks back? yep, it was five weeks ago...and I paid Carla another visit this morning!) We've been friends through pregnancies, babies, school, college, weddings and grandchildren. All my good hair days are a credit to her skill with the dye and the scissors.
6. New Thanksgiving traditions. New recipes (mostly prepared today and tomorrow), a new baby, a daughter flying in tomorrow night, father-in-law/son-in-law golf.
7. Old Thanksgiving traditions. Wednesday lunch with my sister and my folks at Village Tavern (known for its crab dip...and half-price wine Wednesdays), all the other family get-togethers while my parents visit, the Macy's parade on the DVR so we can skip the commercials.
8. Leftovers. We're still finishing Sunday's brunch. It's down to salad and ham sandwiches, but it's turkey...and it doesn't require cooking!
9. The weather. Not too hot and not too cold and hopefully not wet (at one point over the weekend there was snow in tomorrow's forecast...thankful that was wrong!)
10. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (aka Flavia de Luce #1). Borrowed from the library and enjoying immensely. Love a new series, especially one I didn't buy!
...and there you have it. Plenty to be thankful for! What are you saying "thank you" for today?