Friday, July 2, 2010

alexandria.

...finished. and photographed (thanks to beth and her lovely deck!).

I really love everything about this sweater. it was fun to knit - even though I had to rip back several inches of the body two separate times when I boo-boo'd the front edging (and as a result, it sat in time out for a total of about seven days - and I was still able to knit it in just under three weeks). I learned new techniques - i-cord edging and seamless, set-in sleeves shaped with short rows. the yarn - it's soft and drapey and shows the stitches beautifully. the design details - finished edges, slipped stitch side seam, dart shaping, pattern stitches. and it fits. perfectly.


I've shared the project details on ravelry (the page is public, so even non-ravelers should be able to access it).


hoping it's a fun class to teach, too!

7 comments:

  1. It came out lovely.I think this may make my queue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a great sweater and that color looks so lovely on you. I love those elegant darts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so gorgeous! And, I love that first photo of you - wonderful portrait! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, it's amazing! That class is going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous. you completed that in record time, despite the minor setback. photos are just perfect. wear it well.
    cheers~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback!